REPORTS TO: General Field Superintendent
JOB PURPOSE: provide overall on-site management on construction project site. Schedule, coordinate and supervise all employee activities at the job site and ensure project is done on time, within budget and in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, direct and supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Activities include determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, work schedule, etc. with coordinating with GC and other appropriate suppliers and construction operational personnel.
- Coordinate and supervise all on-site crafts and functions to ensure smooth and safe day-to-day operation.
- Maintain liaison with project management to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Assist in resolving construction problems or issues (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required, and ensure workers are supplied with the tools, material and equipment for completion of the project.
- Monitor employees compliance with safety program requirements and document, train and ensure corrective measures are immediately implemented.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction
Advance understanding of construction scheduling, safety, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents required. Ability to supervise, motivate and control large group essential. Educational and experience requirement include: four year degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience. Minimum of 5 years construction management and / or supervision experience preferred. Able to speak both English and Spanish is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics.
To apply for a career with Victory Concrete Contractors, please complete and return our application.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pay scale is per hour depending on the position and verified skill level.
This is a full-time position with possible weekend and overtime work required. A 90 day probation period is mandatory for all new hires.