JOB PURPOSE: to provide overall management direction for multiple projects, establishing project objectives, procedures, schedules and performance standards within boundaries of company policy. Initiate and maintain liaison with prime clients, general contractors, and suppliers to facilitate construction activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, schedules and performance standards.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client, general contractor and suppliers.
- Monitor / control construction projects by providing direction to on-site superintendents to ensure each project is built on schedule and within the budget; investigate any potential serious situation and implement corrective measures.
- Represent Company in meetings with clients, general contractors, and suppliers, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client / general contractor.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Ensure safety standards are being strictly followed at all assigned job sites.
Through understanding of corporate and industry practices, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital. Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Significant business skills required. Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year construction degree or equivalent, plus extensive (ten or more years) experience / knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the Board and outside investors.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pay scale is per hour depending on the position and verified skill level.
This is a full-time position with possible weekend and overtime work required. A 90 day probation period is mandatory for all new hires.