Carpenter Victory Concrete Contractors
REPORTS TO: Leadman / Assistant Superintendent
JOB PURPOSE: to perform carpentry for day to day work as directed by the leadman as delegated by the superintendent, including building rough wooden structures such as concrete supporting forms according to sketches, blueprints, or oral instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform basic carpentry skills such as but not limited to measuring, marking, cutting and installing form boards and supports or any work specifically directed.
- Erects chutes for pouring concrete and nails braces across boards to construct supporting forms.
- Examines specifications to determine dimensions of structure.
- Measures boards, plywood, etc. using square, measuring tape and ruler and marks cutting lines on materials using pencil and scriber.
- Saws boards and panels to required sizes. Erects scaffolding and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms and gangways in a safe manner.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Have dependable transportation, wear approved work boots, wear long pants, wear shirts with sleeves, wear company issued or equivalent personal protection equipment as required and have a personal tool belt equipped with all tools necessary to perform the duties of form carpenter and lead man, including but not limited to a 33’x1’ retractable measuring tape, a speed square and a chalk box. Have skills required to form foundations, slabs, tilt up panels, retaining walls, elevator pit walls, columns, beams and decks. Be able to work in an outdoor environment. Be able to lift and carry objects up to 100 pounds and have no physical limitations to perform this type of work. Must be able to climb and maintain balance on scaffolds and ladders; be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl and see well (naturally or with correction).