Carpenter Helper Victory Concrete Contractors
REPORTS TO: Leadman / Assistant Superintendent
JOB PURPOSE: to assist on-site project carpenters in day to day work as directed by the leadman as delegated by the superintendent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be available at the time and place as designated by the Lead man or Assistant Superintendent.
- Learn, assist and perform basic carpentry skills such as but not limited to measuring, marking, cutting and installing form boards and supports.
- Load, transport, unload and furnish carpenters with materials, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installations.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Have dependable transportation, wear approved work boots, wear long pants, wear shirts with sleeves, wear company issued or equivalent personal protection equipment as required and have a personal tool belt equipped with all tools necessary to perform the duties of form carpenter and lead man, including but not limited to a 30’x1’ retractable measuring tape, a speed square and a chalk box. Have skills required to form foundations, slabs, tilt up panels, retaining walls, elevator pit walls, columns, beams and decks. Be able to work in an outdoor environment. Be able to stand or walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects; be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl and see well (naturally or with correction). Must be able to follow specific directions and perform a variety of duties which may often change.