Superintendent at Victory Concrete Contractors
REPORTS TO: General Field Superintendent
JOB PURPOSE: provide overall on-site management on construction project site. Schedule, coordinate and supervise all employee activities at the job site and ensure project is done on time, within budget and in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, direct and supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Activities include determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, work schedule, etc. with coordinating with GC and other appropriate suppliers and construction operational personnel.
- Coordinate and supervise all on-site crafts and functions to ensure smooth and safe day-to-day operation.
- Maintain liaison with project management to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications and schedules.
- Assist in resolving construction problems or issues (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required, and ensure workers are supplied with the tools, material and equipment for completion of the project.
- Monitor employees compliance with safety program requirements and document, train and ensure corrective measures are immediately implemented.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction
Advance understanding of construction scheduling, safety, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents required. Ability to supervise, motivate and control large group essential. Educational and experience requirement include: four year degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or experience. Minimum of 5 years construction management and / or supervision experience preferred. Able to speak both English and Spanish is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics.